Friday, December 16, 2005

Ready to Go...

From Karen Ferraro

From the first meeting these girls were ridiculously ready to go.They were more honest than any group I've ever worked with. Admitting faults, expressing emotions and ready to work. We've been through 2 life graphs. We have a schedule now. Last week we visited a Hurricane Katrina family in Santa Ana and totally brought Christmas to their home. Tree, gifts, poinsettias, food, lights, everything. What a blessing that was to the girls. We all left knowing we would adopt that family and be back. These girls are commited to one another and often e-mail during the week. They consider me an "elder" which is a new role for me. I guess I am accepting that as I am the age of their parents. We have commited verses to memory, but more than that we have listened to each other's burdens and promised to pray for each other. What a gift. I also thank Pete Shambrooke for that initial invitation. Karen

No comments: