Wednesday, May 04, 2011

"Like a Child"

Mt 18:3-4 - "...'I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.'"

Mt 19:14 - "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

It is the Lord's timing that I would come across these verses in my devotional time. In my previous entry I mentioned the quote, "Is pride keeping you from feasting at the table of grace?"

For me it has been, but I am "practicing" on not having it be this way. It's not that I want to be the greatest-- I just want to experience Him fully and abundantly since I haven't done so in so many years. Humility is something I'd like to practice as well and I know that my immediate people in my circle of influence is the place to do that. In this I will serve by loving and praying for them regularly and placing their interests above my own (Php 2:3).

I came across this Dallas Willard article today. It's good for a read...

No comments: