Monday, November 06, 2006

Seeking His Instruction & Guidance

We had an inspiring time together discussing our purpose for being together and what each of us was hoping for as outcomes. Each of one is focused on growth and to some extent healing. We also spent time discussing prayer seeking to grow in our ability to be in prayer and fellowship with the Lord throughout the day consistent with Paul's instruction to pray without ceasing.

The amazing thing to me was at the end of our discussions I asked them what they were thinking in an open ended manner. I was a bit floored when the first response seemed off topic - we had been discussing prayer - but ended up being confession of sin. Then I asked the other thinking he might have some admonishment and encouragement but instead offered up the same struggle. Wow. My initial thoughts were to begin to offer my conclusions as to the way they should go. At the same time I sensed the Lord leading me to back off and instead suggest that we offer this up as a prayer to theLord seeking His instruction and guidance in the way they should each go. We had earlier gone over the passages that hinder prayer which included sin so maybe the Spirit had prompted them.

My prayer is that God drives them to repentance and instructs them clearly on how to move forward in their situations.

Blessings,

Michael

No comments: